Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v4 05/12] net: ethernet: oa_tc6: implement error interrupts unmasking

From: Ramón Nordin Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2024 14:43:09 +0200

> Thanks for the consideration. But be informed that the internal PHY 
> initial settings are updated for the Rev.B1. But the one from the 
> mainline still supports for Rev.B0. So that microchip_t1s.c to be 
> updated to support Rev.B1.

So I figured, thanks for making it clear.

> 
> Also I am in talk with our design team that whether the updated initial 
> settings for B1 are also applicable for B0. If so, then we will have 
> only one updated initial setting which supports both B0 and B1.

Sounds ideal if one init procedure can cover both chip revs.

> 
> Do you have any plan to update the microchip_t1s.c for Rev.B1 support OR 
> do you want me to do it? If you want me to do it then I will prepare a 
> separate patch series for the support?

I'm keen on taking a Rev.B1 chip for a spin, so I'll jump on doing doing
the init/fixup. I can probably post it to the mailing list during the
weekend.
If you're planning on being faster than that I'll wait for your
submission.

Out of curiosity do you have any insight into if the rev b1 is expected
to behave differently?

R