Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v6 5/5] net: phy: add driver for built-in 2.5G ethernet PHY on MT7988

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2024 14:25:01 +0100

On Mon, Jun 03, 2024 at 08:18:34PM +0800, Sky Huang wrote:
> Add support for internal 2.5Gphy on MT7988. This driver will load
> necessary firmware, add appropriate time delay and figure out LED.
> Also, certain control registers will be set to fix link-up issues.

Based on our previous discussion, it may be worth checking in the
.config_init() method whether phydev->interface is one of the
PHY interface modes that this PHY supports. As I understand from one
of your previous emails, the possibilities are XGMII, USXGMII or
INTERNAL. Thus:

> +static int mt798x_2p5ge_phy_config_init(struct phy_device *phydev)
> +{
> +	struct pinctrl *pinctrl;
> +	int ret;

	/* Check that the PHY interface type is compatible */
	if (phydev->interface != PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_INTERNAL &&
	    phydev->interface != PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_XGMII &&
	    phydev->interface != PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_USXGMII)
		return -ENODEV;

Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!