Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: sfp: Always call `sfp_sm_mod_remove()` on remove

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2024 16:31:56 +0100

On Thu, Jun 06, 2024 at 05:21:45PM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 05, 2024 at 10:42:51AM +0200, Csókás, Bence wrote:
> > If the module is in SFP_MOD_ERROR, `sfp_sm_mod_remove()` will
> > not be run. As a consequence, `sfp_hwmon_remove()` is not getting
> > run either, leaving a stale `hwmon` device behind. `sfp_sm_mod_remove()`
> > itself checks `sfp->sm_mod_state` anyways, so this check was not
> > really needed in the first place.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: "Csókás, Bence" <[email-masked]>
> 
> I was expecting Russell to review this. Maybe he missed it.

I haven't missed it, I just haven't had the time to review and respond.
Work stuff is still very busy. I know this has been going on for well
over a month, but as it's partly coming from my employer and partly due
to medical stuff taking hours out of my working week, there's nothing
much I can do about it. I'm doing the best I can, but I know that I
can't keep up with what people expect of me at the moment.

I've had to tell Kory that I won't be able to review and test his
patch series - it's just totally impossible for me to be near the
hardware I need to test with his series _and_ have the time to do so.
I feel bad about that, because it's addressing the issue I raised a
number of years ago with PTP, yet I don't have the time to be involved
in that right now.

It's frustrating for me that I'm not able to do everything that I'd like
to...

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!