Subject: Re: [RFC net-next 01/15] psp: add documentation

From: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 09:57:44 -0400

On Fri, May 10, 2024 at 05:11:32PM -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
>Yes, I should have CCed Meta's folks who work on TLS [1]. Adding them
>now. More than happy to facilitate the discussion, maybe Willem can
>CC the right Google folks, IDK who else...
>
>We should start moving with the kernel support, IMO, until we do
>the user space implementation is stalled. I don't expect that the
>way we install keys in the kernel would be impacted by the handshake.
>
>[1] https://github.com/facebookincubator/fizz

Having worked on this in the past, I was curious about looking at the
kernel/userspace implementation, and was surprised there's nothing at
all on the userspace side of things.

What's the rush in merging this in prior to having a usable, open
userspace? Can't they be developed side by side and merged in together?

-- 
Thanks,
Sasha