Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 1/9] net: dsa: vsc73xx: fix phylink capabilities

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2024 00:05:55 +0100

On Mon, Jul 29, 2024 at 11:06:07PM +0200, Pawel Dembicki wrote:
> According datasheet, VSC73XX family switches supports symmetric and
> asymmetric pause and 1000BASE in FD only.

What about the configuration of the pause? I notice the mac_link_up()
method ignores tx_pause/rx_pause, and instead just does this:

        /* Flow control for the PHY facing ports:
         * Use a zero delay pause frame when pause condition is left
         * Obey pause control frames
         * When generating pause frames, use 0xff as pause value
         */
        vsc73xx_write(vsc, VSC73XX_BLOCK_MAC, port, VSC73XX_FCCONF,
                      VSC73XX_FCCONF_ZERO_PAUSE_EN |
                      VSC73XX_FCCONF_FLOW_CTRL_OBEY |
                      0xff);

which suggests only symmetric pause is supported by the driver _and_
it is always enabled irrespective of what was negotiated.

I think this needs to be fixed first, before changing the capabilities.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!