Subject: Re: [net-next v3 1/9] net: stmmac: dwmac-intel-plat: Convert to devm_clk_get_enabled()

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2024 12:20:44 +0100

On Tue, Aug 27, 2024 at 03:57:04AM -0600, Yangtao Li wrote:
>  	ret = stmmac_dvr_probe(&pdev->dev, plat_dat, &stmmac_res);
> -	if (ret) {
> -		clk_disable_unprepare(dwmac->tx_clk);
> +	if (ret)
>  		return ret;
> -	}
>  
>  	return 0;

Please head off the next "cleanup" patch that someone has to review,
which will be to convert this to:

	return stmmac_dvr_probe(&pdev->dev, plat_dat, &stmmac_res);

When doing cleanups, don't _create_ new opportunities for cleanups.
Always try to write the best replacement code. This reduces the
burden on reviewers - and we need the burden on reviewers to be
minimised because there's relatively few of them compared to the
number of people generating patches.

-- 
*** please note that I probably will only be occasionally responsive
*** for an unknown period of time due to recent eye surgery making
*** reading quite difficult.

RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!