Subject: Re: [PATCH nf-next 0/2] netfilter: conntrack: label helpers conditional compilation updates

From: Pablo Neira Ayuso <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2024 13:52:14 +0200

On Mon, Sep 16, 2024 at 04:14:40PM +0100, Simon Horman wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> This short series updates conditional compilation of label helpers to:
> 
> 1) Compile them regardless of if CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_LABELS is enabled
>    or not. It is safe to do so as the functions will always return 0 if
>    CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_LABELS is not enabled.  And the compiler should
>    optimise waway the code.  Which is the desired behaviour.
> 
> 2) Only compile ctnetlink_label_size if CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_EVENTS is
>    enabled.  This addresses a warning about this function being unused
>    in this case.

Patch 1)

-#ifdef CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_LABELS
 static inline int ctnetlink_label_size(const struct nf_conn *ct)

Patch 2)

+#ifdef CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK_EVENTS
 static inline int ctnetlink_label_size(const struct nf_conn *ct)

They both refer to ctnetlink_label_size(), #ifdef check is not
correct.

Would you mind if I collapsed these two patches before applying?

Thanks Simon.