Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 01/10] net: pcs: xpcs: move PCS reset to .pcs_pre_config()

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2024 09:58:11 +0100

On Thu, Oct 03, 2024 at 02:04:36AM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > Anyway the Russell' patch set in general looks good to me. I have no
> > more comments other than regarding the soft-reset change I described in
> > my previous message.
> 
> Sorry, i've not been keeping track. Have you sent reviewed-by: and
> Tested-by: for them?

Of course Serge hasn't. He hasn't even said he's tested them. He's more
concerned with the soft-reset change to do anything else other than
whinge about that.

After the previous debacle over the stmmac PCS cleanup (that I've given
up with) I decided later in the series of XPCS cleanups I have to touch
stmmac as little as possible because I don't want to interact with
Serge anymore. This has now been reinforced further, to the extent that
I'm now going to ask Serge to _remove_ all usage of phylink from stmmac
for this very reason - I do not wish to interact further with Serge.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!