Subject: [PATCH net-next 00/13] net: pcs: xpcs: cleanups batch 2

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2024 11:19:57 +0100

This is the second cleanup series for XPCS.

Patch 1 removes the enum indexing the dw_xpcs_compat array. The index is
never used except to place entries in the array and to size the array.

Patch 2 removes the interface arrays - each of which only contain one
interface.

Patch 3 makes xpcs_find_compat() take the xpcs structure rather than the
ID - the previous series removed the reason for xpcs_find_compat needing
to take the ID.

Patch 4 provides a helper to convert xpcs structure to a regular
phylink_pcs structure, which leads to patch 5.

Patch 5 moves the definition of struct dw_xpcs to the private xpcs
header - with patch 4 in place, nothing outside of the xpcs driver
accesses the contents of the dw_xpcs structure.

Patch 6 renames xpcs_get_id() to xpcs_read_id() since it's reading the
ID, rather than doing anything further with it. (Prior versions of this
series renamed it to xpcs_read_phys_id() since that more accurately
described that it was reading the physical ID registers.)

Patch 7 moves the searching of the ID list out of line as this is a
separate functional block.

Patch 8 converts xpcs to use the bitmap macros, which eliminates the
need for _SHIFT definitions.

Patch 9 adds and uses _modify() accessors as there are a large amount
of read-modify-write operations in this driver. This conversion found
a bug in xpcs-wx code that has been reported and already fixed.

Patch 10 converts xpcs to use read_poll_timeout() rather than open
coding that.

Patch 11 converts all printed messages to use the dev_*() functions so
the driver and devie name are always printed.

Patch 12 moves DW_VR_MII_DIG_CTRL1_2G5_EN to the correct place in the
header file, rather than amongst another register's definitions.

Patch 13 moves the Wangxun workaround to a common location rather than
duplicating it in two places. We also reformat this to fit within
80 columns.

 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-intel.c |   2 +-
 drivers/net/pcs/pcs-xpcs-nxp.c                    |  24 +-
 drivers/net/pcs/pcs-xpcs-wx.c                     |  56 ++-
 drivers/net/pcs/pcs-xpcs.c                        | 445 +++++++++-------------
 drivers/net/pcs/pcs-xpcs.h                        |  26 +-
 include/linux/pcs/pcs-xpcs.h                      |  19 +-
 6 files changed, 237 insertions(+), 335 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!