Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/3] net: phylink: simplify SFP PHY attachment

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2024 14:41:17 +0100

Hi,

These two patches simplify how we attach SFP PHYs.

The first patch notices that at the two sites where we call
sfp_select_interface(), if that fails, we always print the same error.
Move this into its own function.

The second patch adds an additional level of validation, checking that
the returned interface is one that is supported by the MAC/PCS.

The last patch simplifies how SFP PHYs are attached, reducing the
number of times that we do validation in this path.

 drivers/net/phy/phylink.c | 83 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------------
 1 file changed, 42 insertions(+), 41 deletions(-)

Changes since v1:
 - Fixed build warning.
 - Added r-b/t-b from Maxime.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!