Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/3] net: stmmac: phylink PCS conversion part 3 (dodgy stuff)

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2025 21:47:37 +0100

Hi,

This series is currently the last of the phylink PCS conversion for
stmmac. This series contains changes that will cause potential breakage,
so I suggest to netdev maintainers that it is only applied if there is
a significant response from testers using the PCS.

Paritcularly, dwmac-qcom-ethqos.c users need to test this, since this
platform glue driver manipulates the PCS state. Patch 2 is designed to
print a warning to the kernel log if this glue driver calls
stmmac_pcs_ctrl_ane() to set the AN state differently to how phylink
has set it. If this happens, we need to do some pre-work to prevent
these prints.

 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac1000_core.c   |  7 +++++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4_core.c  |  7 +++++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_pcs.c   | 29 +++++++++++++++++++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_pcs.h   |  8 +++++-
 4 files changed, 44 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!