Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 01/10] net: stmmac: dwmac-socfpga: don't set has_gmac

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2025 19:55:40 +0100

On Fri, Oct 24, 2025 at 01:49:53PM +0200, Steffen Trumtrar wrote:
> Instead of setting the has_gmac or has_xgmac fields, let
> stmmac_probe_config_dt()) fill these fields according to the more
> generic compatibles.
> 
> Without setting the has_xgmac/has_gmac field correctly, even basic
> functions will fail, because the register offsets are different.

net-next no longer has these has_xgmac/has_gmac fields. This changed
on 22nd October. Please ensure you test your patches against the
latest tree to which you wish them to be applied.

> diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-socfpga.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-socfpga.c
> index 354f01184e6cc..7ed125dcc73ea 100644
> --- a/drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-socfpga.c
> +++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-socfpga.c
> @@ -497,7 +497,6 @@ static int socfpga_dwmac_probe(struct platform_device *pdev)
>  	plat_dat->pcs_init = socfpga_dwmac_pcs_init;
>  	plat_dat->pcs_exit = socfpga_dwmac_pcs_exit;
>  	plat_dat->select_pcs = socfpga_dwmac_select_pcs;
> -	plat_dat->has_gmac = true;
>  
>  	plat_dat->riwt_off = 1;

In net-next, this code currently looks like:

        plat_dat->pcs_init = socfpga_dwmac_pcs_init;
        plat_dat->pcs_exit = socfpga_dwmac_pcs_exit;
        plat_dat->select_pcs = socfpga_dwmac_select_pcs;
        plat_dat->core_type = DWMAC_CORE_GMAC;

        plat_dat->riwt_off = 1;

Thus, this patch will not apply to net-next.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!