Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/3] icmp: Add RFC 5837 support

From: Ido Schimmel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2025 16:58:45 +0300

On Wed, Oct 22, 2025 at 06:26:35AM -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Oct 2025 09:53:46 +0300 Ido Schimmel wrote:
> > Testing
> > =======
> > 
> > The existing traceroute selftest is extended to test that ICMP
> > extensions are reported correctly when enabled. Both address families
> > are tested and with different packet sizes in order to make sure that
> > trimming / padding works correctly.
> 
> Do we need to update traceroute to make the test pass?

It shouldn't be necessary. There is a check to skip the test if
traceroute doesn't have the required functionality. I'm testing with
version 2.1.6 on Fedora 42.

If it's failing, can you please run the test with '-v' and paste the
output? I will try to see what's wrong. I didn't see any failures on my
end with both regular and debug configs.