Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/2] net: stmmac: pcs support part 2

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2025 10:46:09 +0100

Hi,

This is the next part of stmmac PCS support. Not much here, other than
dealing with what remains of the interrupts, which are the PCS AN
complete and PCS Link interrupts, which are just cleared and update
accounting.

Currently, they are enabled at core init time, but if we have an
implementation that supports multiple PHY interfaces, we want to
enable only the appropriate interrupts.

I also noticed that stmmac_fpe_configure_pmac() also modifies the
interrupt mask during run time. As a pre-requisit, we need a way
to ensure that we don't have different threads modifying the
interrupt settings at the same time. So, the first patch introduces
a new function and a spinlock which must be held when manipulating
the interrupt enable/mask state.

The second patch adds the PCS bits for enabling the PCS AN and PCS
link interrupts when the PCS is in-use.

 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/common.h       |  5 ++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac1000.h    |  7 +++---
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac1000_core.c   | 26 +++++++++++++++------
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4.h       |  2 --
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4_core.c  | 27 ++++++++++++++++------
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_core.c    | 16 +++++++++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.c         |  2 ++
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.h         |  4 ++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_fpe.c   |  3 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_pcs.c   | 22 +++++++++++++++++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_pcs.h   |  4 +++-
 11 files changed, 96 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!