Subject: Re: [PATCH] udp: Move back definition of udpv6_encap_needed_key to ipv6 file.

From: Sabrina Dubroca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2025 12:17:37 +0200

2025-10-23, 14:37:36 +0530, Siddh Raman Pant wrote:
> It makes less sense to remove define of ipv6 variable from ipv6 file
> and put it in ipv4 file and declare it in ipv6 file, which was done
> in 3d010c8031e3 ("udp: do not accept non-tunnel GSO skbs landing in
> a tunnel").

It would be good to CC all the authors and reviewers of the patch(es)
you're mentioning.

> So let's move it back to ipv6 file. It also makes the code similar -
> the key is defined right above the respective enable function.

I don't think that works with CONFIG_IPV6=m. The ipv4 code will need
to access the key via udp_encap_needed().

> Signed-off-by: Siddh Raman Pant <[email-masked]>
> ---
> I'm not sure why ipv4 key is exported using EXPORT_IPV6_MOD?

So that the ipv6 code can use it via
udp_encap_needed()/udp_unexpected_gso() when it's built as a module.

-- 
Sabrina