Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 2/8] net: stmmac: simplify stmmac_get_version()

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2025 12:10:33 +0100

On Thu, Oct 23, 2025 at 08:46:00PM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2025 at 10:37:29AM +0100, Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> > We can simplify stmmac_get_version() by pre-initialising the version
> > members to zero, detecting the MAC100 core and returning, otherwise
> > determining the version register offset separately from calling
> > stmmac_get_id() and stmmac_get_dev_id(). Do this.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Russell King (Oracle) <[email-masked]>
> 
> Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>

Hi Andrew,

It seems I had a typo "verison" which should've been "version" in this
patch, which carried through patches 3 and 4. Are you happy for me to
retain your r-b with this typo fixed please?

Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!