Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 3/3] net: stmmac: add support specifying PCS supported interfaces

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2025 10:35:00 +0000

On Tue, Oct 28, 2025 at 11:16:00AM +0100, Maxime Chevallier wrote:
> Hello Russell,
> 
> On 25/10/2025 22:48, Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> > Signed-off-by: Russell King (Oracle) <[email-masked]>
> 
> Maybe this needs a commit log, even a small one ? :(

Thanks for giving Jakub a reason to mark this "changes required." :D
I'm not really expecting this to be merged as-is. So why didn't I
post it as RFC? Too many people see "RFC" as a sign to ignore the
patch series. Some people claim that "RFC" means it isn't ready and
thus isn't worth reviewing/testing/etc. I say to those people... I
can learn their game and work around their behaviour.

Yes, it will need a better commit log, but what I'm much much more
interested in is having people who are using the integrated PCS (in
SGMII mode as that's all we support) to test this, especially
dwmac-qcom-ethqos folk.

The 2.5G support was submitted by Sneh Shah, and my attempts to make
contact have resulted in no response.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!