Subject: [PATCH net-next 00/11] net: stmmac: multi-interface stmmac

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2025 11:49:35 +0000

Hi,

This series adds a callback for platform glue to configure the stmmac
core interface mode depending on the PHY interface mode that is being
used. This is currently only called justbefore the dwmac core is reset
since these signals are latched on reset.

Included in this series are changes to s32 to move its PHY_INTF_SEL_x
definitions out of the way of the dwmac core's signals which has more
entitlement to use this name. We convert dwmac-imx as an example.

Including other platform glue would make this series excessively large,
but once this core code is merged, the individual platform glue updates
can be posted one after another as they will be independent of each
other.

It is hoped that this callback can be used in future to reconfigure the
dwmac core when the interface mode changes to support PHYs that change
their interface mode, but we're nowhere near being able to do that yet.

 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/common.h      |  10 ++
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-imx.c   | 134 +++++++---------------
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-s32.c   |  10 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac.h      |   1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c |  54 +++++++++
 include/linux/stmmac.h                            |   1 +
 6 files changed, 115 insertions(+), 95 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!