Subject: Re: [net-next PATCH v2 06/11] fbnic: Rename PCS IRQ to MAC IRQ as it is actually a MAC interrupt

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2025 17:47:57 +0000

On Mon, Nov 03, 2025 at 09:00:41AM -0800, Alexander Duyck wrote:
> @@ -131,26 +131,26 @@ static irqreturn_t fbnic_pcs_msix_intr(int __always_unused irq, void *data)
>  
>  	fbn = netdev_priv(fbd->netdev);
>  
> -	phylink_pcs_change(&fbn->phylink_pcs, false);
> +	phylink_mac_change(fbn->phylink, false);

Please don't. phylink_mac_change() is the older version from before
phylink ended up with split PCS support. Some drivers still use it
(because I haven't got around to sorting those out - I've got the
mess formerly known as stmmac that I'm dealing with.)

It only makes sense to tell phylink about a change in status if there
is a PCS, because that's the only way phylink can be told of updated
status.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!