Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/3] net: stmmac: pass struct device to init/exit

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2025 10:02:56 +0000

Rather than passing the platform device to the ->init() and ->exit()
methods, make these methods useful for other devices by passing the
struct device instead. Update the implementations appropriately for
this change.

Move the calls for these methods into the core driver's probe and
remove methods from the stmmac_platform layer.

Convert dwmac-rk to use ->init() and ->exit().

 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-anarion.c    |  4 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-eic7700.c    |  4 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-loongson1.c  | 12 +++---
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-renesas-gbeth.c  |  4 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-rk.c     | 47 +++++++++-------------
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-s32.c    | 14 +++----
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-socfpga.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-sti.c    |  4 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-sun8i.c  | 10 ++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-sunxi.c  |  4 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-thead.c  |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c  | 47 ++++++++++++++++------
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_platform.c  | 35 +++++-----------
 include/linux/stmmac.h                             |  4 +-
 14 files changed, 94 insertions(+), 99 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!