Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 1/3] net: stmmac: qcom-ethqos: use u32 for rgmii read/write/update

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2025 11:30:59 +0000

On Thu, Nov 20, 2025 at 11:25:16AM +0000, Russell King (Oracle) wrote:
> readl() returns a u32, and writel() takes a "u32" for the value. These
> are used in rgmii_readl()() and rgmii_writel(), but the value and
> return are "int". As these are 32-bit register values which are not
> signed, use "u32".
> 
> These changes do not cause generated code changes.
> 
> Update rgmii_updatel() to use u32 for mask and val. Changing "mask"
> to "u32" also does not cause generated code changes. However, changing
> "val" causes the generated assembly to be re-ordered for aarch64.
> 
> Update the temporary variables used with the rgmii functions to use
> u32.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Russell King (Oracle) <[email-masked]>

Konrad provided his reviewed-by in
https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]
but for some reason I forgot to add it, so:

Reviewed-by: Konrad Dybcio <[email-masked]>

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!