Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/2] net: phy: disable EEE on TI PHYs

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2025 11:38:22 +0000

Hi,

Towards the end of October, we discussed EEE on TI PHYs which seems to
cause problems with the stmmac hardware. This problem was never fully
diagnosed, but it was identified that TI PHYs do not support LPI
signalling, but report that EEE is supported, and they implement the
advertisement registers and that functionality.

This series allows PHY drivers to disable EEE support.

 drivers/net/phy/dp83822.c    |  3 +++
 drivers/net/phy/dp83867.c    |  1 +
 drivers/net/phy/dp83869.c    |  1 +
 drivers/net/phy/dp83tc811.c  |  1 +
 drivers/net/phy/phy-core.c   |  2 --
 drivers/net/phy/phy_device.c | 34 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 include/linux/phy.h          |  1 +
 7 files changed, 37 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!