Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v4 02/14] net: skb: use dstref for storing dst entry

From: Sabrina Dubroca <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2025 18:09:28 +0100

2025-11-12, 08:27:08 +0100, Marek Mietus wrote:
> Use the newly introduced dstref object for storing the dst entry
> in skb instead of using _skb_refdst, and remove code related
> to _skb_refdst.

This is an important change to a very core part of networking. You
need to CC all the networking maintainers/reviewers for this series
(ask scripts/get_maintainer.pl).

> This is mostly a cosmetic improvement. It improves readability

That rename, and the rest of the changes in this series. is causing
some non-negligible churn and will take a while to review, to ensure
all the conversions are correct.

@Maintainers can I get some time to look at this in detail?

Also, I'm not sure how we ended up from the previous proposal ("some
tunnels are under RCU so they don't need a reference" [1]) to this.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/

-- 
Sabrina