Subject: [PATCH 0/7] don't abuse task_struct.group_leader

From: Oleg Nesterov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2025 13:38:01 +0100

Hello.

Untested but hopefully trivial, please review.

The patches do not depend on each other, this series just removes
the usage of ->group_leader when it is "obviously unnecessary".

I am going to move ->group_leader from task_struct to signal_struct
or at least add the new task_group_leader() helper. So I will send
more tree-wide changes on top of this series.

If this series passes the review, can it be routed via mm tree?

Oleg.
---
 drivers/android/binder.c                         |  9 ++++-----
 drivers/android/binder_alloc.c                   |  2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_amdkfd_gpuvm.c |  2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_vm.c           |  5 +----
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdkfd/kfd_process.c         | 10 ----------
 drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_gem.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panthor/panthor_gem.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/infiniband/core/umem_odp.c               |  4 ++--
 net/core/netclassid_cgroup.c                     |  2 +-
 9 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)