Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/5] net: stmmac: pcs: clean up pcs interrupt handling

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2026 13:14:33 +0000

Hi,

Clean up the stmmac PCS interrupt handling:

- Avoid promotion to unsigned long from unsigned int by defining PCS
  register bits/fields using u32 macros.
- Pass struct stmmac_priv into the host_irq_status MAC core method.
- Move the existing PCS interrupt handler (dwmac_pcs_isr) into
  stmmac_pcs.c, change it's arguments, use dev_info() rather than
  pr_info()
- arrange to call phylink_pcs_change() on link state changes.

 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac1000_core.c   |  7 +--
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac100_core.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4_core.c  |  7 +--
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_core.c    |  4 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.h         |  4 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c  |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_pcs.c   | 22 ++++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_pcs.h   | 62 ++++++----------------
 8 files changed, 53 insertions(+), 57 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!