Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 0/9] hsr: Implement more robust duplicate discard algorithm

From: Felix Maurer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2026 17:29:32 +0100

On Thu, Jan 29, 2026 at 04:29:22PM +0100, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> On 2026-01-26 10:28:18 [+0100], Felix Maurer wrote:
> >
> > I'll wait for feedback from Sebastian, but I'm also fine with merging
> > the fixes for the KUnit test into the other patches and reposting.
>
> Overall the new algorithm is very nice. Feel free to add
> Reviewed-by: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior <[email-masked]>

Thank you very much for taking the time to review this series! I'll
address the parts as I wrote in the other replies.

As Jakub wrote, there is the transient build failure due to the KUnit
test needing changes. I discussed that with Simon as well (off-list). In
the v3, I'll add the respective fixes to the KUnit test to the patches
where I change the algorithm so the build passes all the time. As the
patches 4 and 6 will look quite different with that, I'll only add your
Reviewed by tag to the remaining ones and leave 4 and 6 subject to a
quick re-review by you.

> I made a few comments where I think it should be possible to avoid
> tracking the sequence number for interface A and B but since you
> preserve what is done now, I don't mind to keep it as-it and try to
> remove it later on (unless I'm wrong and it is not doable).

I replied to that directly, I don't think that's doable. But we can take
a look at the HW-offload case in the future.

Thanks,
   Felix