Subject: [PATCH RFC net-next 0/9] net: stmmac: qcom-ethqos: cleanups and re-organise SerDes handling

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2026 00:09:10 +0000

Hi,

As the last series had issues with stability, I've changed the approach
in this series to concentrate on keeping much of the SerDes related
code within the qcom-ethqos driver rather than trying to move it out at
this stage. This means it should be possible to bisect these patches and
pinpoint exactly the code movement that causes any instability.

This series starts with various cleanups to qcom-ethqos (the first four
patches) before beginning to move code, passing phylink's phy interface
(which will change) to the fix_mac_speed() method, and then using that
to configure the serdes and inband setting before moving the SerDes
code.

Please test this patch set, and let me know whether this works, or
where it breaks.

Thanks.

 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-dwc-qos-eth.c    |   3 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-imx.c    |  11 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-loongson.c   |   3 +-
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-qcom-ethqos.c    | 114 ++++++++++++---------
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-socfpga.c    |   3 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-sti.c    |  11 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c  |   3 +-
 include/linux/stmmac.h                             |   3 +-
 8 files changed, 90 insertions(+), 61 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!