Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] net: stmmac: imx: Disable EEE

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2026 12:53:51 +0000

On Tue, Feb 10, 2026 at 06:33:10PM +0200, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> > I'm happy to submit a series with both, rebased on top of net-next to
> > handle the conflict you pointed out. Is that fine with you ?
> 
> If you would like me to submit a series with both patches, should I
> resolve the conflict with "net: stmmac: dwmac-imx: keep preamble before
> sfd on i.MX8MP" by inserting the STMMAC_FLAG_EEE_DISABLE flag as BIT(10)
> and change the value of subsequent flags as you did, or add it at the
> end (BIT(15)) ?

I would prefer to keep similar flags together rather than just appending
to the end of the list.

> I'm also happy if you take my patch and submit a series with both.

I think it would make sense if you submit it once net-next reopens after
the merge window.

Thanks.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!