Subject: [PATCH RFC net-next 0/7] net: stmmac: improve PCS support

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2026 11:44:01 +0000

This series is the final of the three part series sorting out the PCS
support in stmmac, building on part 2, which was posted earlier today:

	net: stmmac: qcom-ethqos: further serdes reorganisation

Similar patches have been posted previously. This series does away with
the common SerDes PHY support, instead using a flag to indicate whether
2500Mbps mode is supported (STMMAC_FLAG_SERDES_SUPPORTS_2500M.) At this
time, I have no plans to resurect the common SerDes PHY support - the
generic PHY layer implementations are just too random to consider that,
and I certainly do not want the extra work of fixing that.

I've also changed the last patch which prints warnings when qcom-ethqos
changes the PCS state - this will now indicate in a readable form
whether the ANE or SGMRAL bits have changed state, rather than having
to refer back to the definitions in the code or the databook.

I am hoping that - subject to this working for qcom-ethqos - we can
drop this last patch in the final submission, along with the
dwmac_ctrl_ane() and ethqos_pcs_set_inband() functions and associated
definitions. This will also mean that stmmac will finally be driving
the PCS correctly from a phylink point of view.

 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/common.h       |   4 -
 .../ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-qcom-ethqos.c    |   1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac1000.h    |  12 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac1000_core.c   |  11 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4.h       |  10 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4_core.c  |  10 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c  |   8 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_pcs.c   | 160 +++++++++++++++++++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_pcs.h   |  29 +++-
 include/linux/stmmac.h                             |   1 +
 10 files changed, 200 insertions(+), 46 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!