Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net: airoha: select QDMA block according LAN/WAN configuration

From: Lorenzo Bianconi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2026 22:14:36 +0100

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2026 at 03:46:53PM +0100, Lorenzo Bianconi wrote:
> > Select the QDMA block used to send the traffic to host cpu according to
> > LAN/WAN port confiugration:
> > - QDMA0 is used for LAN devices
> > - QDMA1 is used for WAN devices
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Lorenzo Bianconi <[email-masked]>
> 
> Hi Lorenzo,

Hi Simon,

> 
> Is this a bug fix?
> If so, perhaps it is for net with a fixes tag.

I guess we do not need to target net tree since airoha_eth driver currently
supports just the LAN interface via the MT7530 DSA switch connected to GDM1
and there are no WAN interfaces officially supported (PCS/external phy is not
merged mainline yet, it is only available in OpenWrt).

> 
> And at any rate, could you add some description of the before and after
> behaviour?

Theoretically, before this patch, GDM ports were equally distributed between
QDMA0 and QDMA1 while this patch assigns LAN interfaces to QDMA0 and WAN
interface to QDMA1. However, for the reason explained above, this change is
not currently visible to the user.

Regards,
Lorenzo