Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/5] net: stmmac: descriptor cleanups part 2

From: "Russell King (Oracle)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2026 18:26:13 +0000

Part 2 of the stmmac descriptor cleanups.

- rename "priv->mode" to be more descriptive, and do the same in
  function arguments.
- simplify descriptor allocation/initialisation/freeing
- use more descriptive local variable names in stmmac_xmit()
- STMMAC_GET_ENTRY() doesn't get an entry, it moves to the next one.
  Describe this in the macro name.

 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/chain_mode.c   |   2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/common.h       |   2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac4_descs.c |  12 +-
 .../net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_descs.c   |  12 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/enh_desc.c     |  20 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.c         |   4 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/hwif.h         |  12 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/norm_desc.c    |  21 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/ring_mode.c    |   2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac.h       |   5 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c  | 152 ++++++++++-----------
 11 files changed, 127 insertions(+), 117 deletions(-)

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTP is here! 80Mbps down 10Mbps up. Decent connectivity at last!