Subject: Re: [PATCH 04/10] regulator: of: switch to using class_find_device_by_fwnode()

From: Dmitry Torokhov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2026 14:41:03 -0700

On Mon, Mar 23, 2026 at 09:36:07PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2026 at 09:01:47PM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> 
> > How do you handle deprecated OF properties? This is a problem i've run
> > into before. A developer needs an ACPI binding, so they blindly
> > convert from of_ to device_ without engaging brain. As a result, they
> > bring all the deprecated OF properties we want to die into the brand
> > new ACPI bindings.
> 
> Honestly that one hasn't really come up much for me - not too many
> deprecated properties.

Given that we position properties as an ABI even if they are deprecated
we supposed to handle them forever. Newer properties usually offer
benefits over old ones and that is how users get moved over.

Thanks.

-- 
Dmitry