Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v1 0/7] net: hsr: subsystem cleanups and modernization

From: Felix Maurer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2026 17:25:16 +0100

On Tue, Mar 24, 2026 at 03:46:23PM +0100, [email-masked] wrote:
> From: Luka Gejak <[email-masked]>
>
> This patch series performs a general cleanup and modernization of the
> HSR(High-availability Seamless Redundancy) protocol driver. Since the
> HSR subsystem is currently orphaned, these changes aim to bring the
> code up to modern kernel standards and improve overall maintainability.

I appreciate that you are working on hsr and want to improve its code
quality. I agree that there is quite some room for improvement here.
However, I have a few general remarks before commenting on the
individual patches:
- Please consider the netdev policy for simple clean-up patches outside
  the context of larger work [1] (esp. patches 5, 6).
- Please attribute the use of AI coding assistants [2].

Thanks,
   Felix

[1]: https://docs.kernel.org/process/maintainer-netdev.html#clean-up-patches
[2]: https://docs.kernel.org/process/coding-assistants.html

> Luka Gejak (7):
>   net: hsr: constify hsr_ops and prp_ops protocol operation structures
>   net: hsr: replace fallthrough comments with fallthrough macro
>   net: hsr: remove unnecessary void function return statement
>   net: hsr: use __func__ instead of hardcoded function name
>   net: hsr: remove unnecessary braces for single statement block
>   net: hsr: add missing blank lines after function declarations
>   net: hsr: use BIT() macro for bit shift constant