Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next-2.6] IB/{nes,ipoib}: Pass supported flags to ethtool_op_set_flags()

From: Roland Dreier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 13:08:29 -0700

> Following commit 1437ce3983bcbc0447a0dedcd644c14fe833d266 "ethtool:
 > Change ethtool_op_set_flags to validate flags", ethtool_op_set_flags
 > takes a third parameter and cannot be used directly as an
 > implementation of ethtool_ops::set_flags.

I assume this commit is in one of Dave's trees and breaks nes and ipoib
because it changed the ethtool_op_set_flags prototype?

 > Dave, Roland, you'd better decide between yourselves should apply this.

Since this depends on a commit already in Dave's tree, Dave should
probably take it into the same tree.  I guess there's no way to roll
this into the original patch to avoid breaking bisects once this ends up
upstream?

anyway,

Acked-by: Roland Dreier <[email-masked]>

 > +static int nes_netdev_set_flags(struct net_device *netdev, u32 flags)
 > +{
 > +	return ethtool_op_set_flags(netdev, flags, ETH_FLAG_LRO);
 > +}
 > +
 > +
 >  static const struct ethtool_ops nes_ethtool_ops = {

Also would have been a bit nicer to avoid adding a double blank line
here, although that's obviously a trivial issue.

 - R.
-- 
Roland Dreier <[email-masked]> || For corporate legal information go to:
http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html