Subject: Re: [PATCH] net/9p: limit RDMA to INET

From: Roland Dreier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 12:52:50 -0800

> Make 9p's RDMA option depend on INET since it uses Infiniband rdma_*
 > functions and that code depends on INET.  Otherwise 9p can try to
 > use symbols which don't exist.
 > 
 > ERROR: "rdma_destroy_id" [net/9p/9pnet_rdma.ko] undefined!

Good catch.

 >  config NET_9P_RDMA
 > -	depends on NET_9P && INFINIBAND && EXPERIMENTAL
 > +	depends on INET && INFINIBAND && EXPERIMENTAL

I wonder if there's a way to make this depend on INFINIBAND_ADDR_TRANS
instead of INET, since that's the real dependency to get the rdma_*
symbols.  However INFINIBAND_ADDR_TRANS is a bool that gets set to y iff
INET and INFINIBAND are set, so it's not trivial to make a tristate
depend on it.

Maybe this patch is fine as it is, since the Kconfig dependencies are
unlikely to change anyway...

 - R.