Subject: Re: Re: [PATCH 6/6] IB: userspace support for RDMA connection manager

From: Roland Dreier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 14:32:28 -0800

David> Please make sure you check "x86_64 vs. x86", and then
    David> something like "powerpc64 vs. powerpc32" or "sparc64
    David> vs. sparc32", as those are the two different classes of ABI
    David> layouts.

Yes, I tried ppc64 vs ppc and it still comes out the same.
Unfortunately I don't have any sparc handy to try.

The fundamental question seems to be whether things like

	struct foo {
		struct sockaddr_in6 src;
		struct sockaddr_in6 dst;
	};

and

	struct bar {
		struct sockaddr_in6 a;
		__u32 b;
	};

end up being packed, even though struct sockaddr_in6 is 28 bytes in
size.  And as far as I can tell, they always do, I guess because the
individual fields of struct sockaddr_in6 are all <= 32 bits.

 - R.