Subject: Re: [PATCH 20/21] RDS: Kconfig and Makefile

From: Roland Dreier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:59:45 -0800

> +obj-$(CONFIG_INFINIBAND_ISER)		+= ulp/rds/

Typo for ..._RDS

 > +config INFINIBAND_RDS_DEBUG
 > +        bool "Debugging messages"
 > +	depends on INFINIBAND_RDS
 > +        default n

No way to enable this?  Disabled by default?

You really want debugging messages to be built by default and controlled
at runtime ... otherwise debugging end-user installations is a pain
(they just install what the distro gives them, and it's very hard for
them to rebuild just to enable debugging).

 > +ib_rds-y :=	af_rds.o bind.o cong.o connection.o info.o message.o   \
 > +			recv.o send.o stats.o sysctl.o threads.o transport.o \
 > +			loop.o page.o rdma.o
 > +
 > +ib_rds-y += ib.o ib_cm.o ib_recv.o ib_ring.o ib_send.o ib_stats.o \
 > +			ib_sysctl.o ib_rdma.o

a very strange way to write an assignment statement...

 - R.