Subject: Re: Network oops

From: george anzinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 21:48:15 -0700

"David S. Miller" wrote:
> 
> No mention of what kernel version, what patches applied, etc.
> so we cannot help you.

Sorry bout that.  It is a 2.4.17 kernel and the test is to
verify that we have the preempt code right.  The question at
hand is if this is a likely preempt problem or just a pure
overload.  The stress on the network is rather high.

I would expect that the network code would recover from this
sort of thing, so we are looking for a preempt issue at the
moment.  Still, it could just be the way things work in the
2.4.17 kernel so I thought I would ask.

-- 
George Anzinger   [email-masked]
High-res-timers: 
http://sourceforge.net/projects/high-res-timers/
Real time sched:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/rtsched/
Preemption patch:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rml