Subject: Re: [PATCH] ipconfig schedule fix

From: Magnus Damm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 00:42:17 +0100

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:18:55 -0800, David S. Miller <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:50:35 +0100
> 
> 
> Magnus Damm <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > This simple patch makes the DHCP/BOOTP/RARP code sleep with
> > schedule_timeout() instead of hogging the cpu with cpu_relax() in a
> > loop. This comes handy when a guest kernel is booted inside QEMU.
> > Without the patch, the host operating system will consume cpu time
> > busy waiting.
> 
> There are two similar loops involving CONF_PRE_OPEN and CONF_POST_OPEN,
> you may wish to hit those while you're at it.

Huh? You mean _removing_ the timeouts involving CONF_PRE/POST_OPEN? I
thought my patch converted all busy waits into schedule_timeout()...
What am I missing?

/ magnus