Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 2/2] net: ti: icssg: Add HSR and LRE PA statistics

From: Felix Maurer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2026 19:06:44 +0200

On Wed, May 20, 2026 at 03:33:03PM -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Wed, 20 May 2026 15:30:24 +0530 MD Danish Anwar wrote:
> > What should be the next steps here? Is there any existing defined set of
> > stats where I could populate stats from ICSSG firmware for HSR (similar
> > to ndo_get_stats64 callback). Or de we need to implement a new callback
> > that will do this for HSR.
>
> I'd try to plumb this thru ndo_get_offload_stats
> Close enough for my taste, let's see if anyone objects.

I'm not super well versed with the different options for stats we have
at the moment, so I'm definitely not going to object. I'm just going to
note that the stats I listed are applicable to all HSR/PRP interfaces,
not just the ones with hardware offloads. Therefore, it would IMHO be
nice if the two didn't diverge too much in the end and (best case)
userspace can ask for either the one or the other but get the same
structure back (no need to implement it for the software-only interfaces
in this patch series, I can do that afterwards as well).

Thanks,
   Felix