Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2 0/4] net: tls: net: tls: fix a few random bugs

From: Sabrina Dubroca <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2026 11:37:23 +0200

2026-05-12, 11:28:59 +0200, Jakub Sitnicki wrote:
> General question - do we know about any kTLS with sockmap-redirects
> users out there? I've been asking around at conferences for a couple
> years now and haven't heard about any consumers of this feature.
> 
> If there are no known users, maybe we can have kTLS+sockmap glue code
> behind a build-time config option and put it on a path to deprecation?
> 
> WDYT?

I was also thinking about this recently (well, more about ripping it
out directly, without a "polite" deprecation path). It's a lot of
complexity (on the same level as the async crypto code, which is also
causing us some pain).

In
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/
Jiayuan Chen linked to a 2018 LPC presentation, which is... not strong
evidence of current use :)

Daniel, John?

-- 
Sabrina