Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 05/10] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: add support for GPIO configuration

From: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 11:53:58 -0800

On 02/03/2018 01:40 PM, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> From: Brandon Streiff <[email-masked]>
> 
> MV88E6352 and later switches support GPIO control through the "Scratch
> & Misc" global2 register. (Older switches do too, though with a slightly
> different register interface. Only the 6352-style is implemented here.)
> 
> Add a new file, global2_scratch.c, for operations in the Scratch & Misc
> space. Additionally, add a GPIO operations structure to present an
> abstract view over GPIO manipulation.
> 
> Reverse Christmas tree and unsigned has been replaced with unsigned
> int by Andrew Lunn.

I thought one of the comments made on Brian's original submission was to
expose GPIO pins as a proper gpiochip which incidentally might help with
GPIOs on the switch being used for other purposes (e.g; LEDs, etc.), is
that an option here?
-- 
Florian