Subject: [PATCH 0/4] More device type integration

From: Marcel Holtmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 17:15:24 +0200

Hi Dave,

I followed the work from Johannes and made sure we can register the
device type for wireless devices via the netdev notifier callback for
all cfg80211 based devices. This way we don't have to touch any of
the drivers.

For the mobile broadband cards from Ericsson, the device type is now
set to "wwan" and it also uses "wwan%d" for the default interface name.

Regards

Marcel

Johannes Berg (1):
  net: introduce NETDEV_POST_INIT notifier

Marcel Holtmann (3):
  usbnet: Use wwan%d interface name for mobile broadband devices
  usbnet: Set device type for wlan and wwan devices
  cfg80211: assign device type in netdev notifier callback

 drivers/net/usb/cdc_ether.c |   20 ++++++++++++++------
 drivers/net/usb/usbnet.c    |   17 +++++++++++++++++
 include/linux/notifier.h    |    1 +
 include/linux/usb/usbnet.h  |    1 +
 net/core/dev.c              |    6 ++++++
 net/mac80211/iface.c        |    5 -----
 net/wireless/core.c         |    7 +++++++
 7 files changed, 46 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)