Subject: [trivial PATCH 00/15] remove duplicate unlikely from IS_ERR

From: Joe Perches <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 12:03:53 -0800

Tobias Klauser <[email-masked]> sent a patch to remove
an unnecessary unlikely from drivers/misc/c2port/core.c,
https://lkml.org/lkml/2010/12/9/199

Here are the other instances treewide.

I think it'd be good if people would, when noticing defects in a
specific subsystem, look for and correct the same defect treewide.

IS_ERR already has an unlikely test so remove unnecessary
unlikelys from the call sites.

from: include/linux/err.h
#define IS_ERR_VALUE(x) unlikely((x) >= (unsigned long)-MAX_ERRNO)
[...]
static inline long __must_check IS_ERR(const void *ptr)
{
	return IS_ERR_VALUE((unsigned long)ptr);
}

Sending directly to maintainers for now, will resend in a month
or so only to trivial if not picked up.
 
Joe Perches (15):
  drm: Remove duplicate unlikely from IS_ERR
  stmmac: Remove duplicate unlikely from IS_ERR
  rtc: Remove duplicate unlikely from IS_ERR
  s390: Remove duplicate unlikely from IS_ERR
  osd: Remove duplicate unlikely from IS_ERR
  serial: Remove duplicate unlikely from IS_ERR
  brcm80211: Remove duplicate unlikely from IS_ERR
  gadget: Remove duplicate unlikely from IS_ERR
  exofs: Remove duplicate unlikely from IS_ERR
  ext2: Remove duplicate unlikely from IS_ERR
  ext3: Remove duplicate unlikely from IS_ERR
  ext4: Remove duplicate unlikely from IS_ERR
  nfs: Remove duplicate unlikely from IS_ERR
  mm: Remove duplicate unlikely from IS_ERR
  ipv6: Remove duplicate unlikely from IS_ERR

 drivers/gpu/drm/ttm/ttm_tt.c                     |    4 ++--
 drivers/net/stmmac/stmmac_main.c                 |    2 +-
 drivers/rtc/rtc-bfin.c                           |    2 +-
 drivers/s390/scsi/zfcp_fsf.c                     |    4 ++--
 drivers/scsi/osd/osd_initiator.c                 |    2 +-
 drivers/serial/msm_serial.c                      |    2 +-
 drivers/staging/brcm80211/brcmfmac/wl_cfg80211.c |    2 +-
 drivers/usb/gadget/f_fs.c                        |    4 ++--
 fs/exofs/super.c                                 |    2 +-
 fs/ext2/namei.c                                  |    2 +-
 fs/ext3/namei.c                                  |    2 +-
 fs/ext4/namei.c                                  |    2 +-
 fs/nfs/mount_clnt.c                              |    2 +-
 mm/vmalloc.c                                     |    2 +-
 net/ipv6/af_inet6.c                              |    2 +-
 15 files changed, 18 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.3.3.464.gf80b6

--
To unsubscribe, send a message with 'unsubscribe linux-mm' in
the body to [email-masked].  For more info on Linux MM,
see: http://www.linux-mm.org/ .
Fight unfair telecom policy in Canada: sign http://dissolvethecrtc.ca/
Don't email: <a href=mailto:"[email-masked]"> [email-masked] </a>