Subject: [PATCH V2 net-next 0/4] Two new PTP Hardware Clock features

From: Richard Cochran <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 09:42:52 +0200

This patch series adds two new features to the PHC code.

The first two patches let a user program find out the previously
dialed frequency adjustment. This is primarily useful when restarting
a PTP service, since without this information, the presumably correct
adjustment will bias the new frequency estimation.

The third patch links the phc class device to its parent device within
the driver model and sysfs.

The fourth patch adds a bit more documentation of the sysfs clock_name
attribute. This should help clarify the naming scheme.

Thanks,
Richard

Richard Cochran (4):
  ptp: remember the adjusted frequency
  ptp: provide the clock's adjusted frequency
  ptp: link the phc device to its parent device
  ptp: clarify the clock_name sysfs attribute

 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-ptp          |    5 ++++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/gianfar_ptp.c |    2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/igb/igb_ptp.c     |    3 ++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_ptp.c |    3 ++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/ptp.c               |    3 ++-
 drivers/net/phy/dp83640.c                    |    2 +-
 drivers/ptp/ptp_clock.c                      |   11 +++++++++--
 drivers/ptp/ptp_ixp46x.c                     |    2 +-
 drivers/ptp/ptp_pch.c                        |    2 +-
 drivers/ptp/ptp_private.h                    |    1 +
 include/linux/ptp_clock_kernel.h             |    7 +++++--
 11 files changed, 29 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.2.5