Subject: [PATCH V2 net-next 0/4] Convert blackfin to phc and remove timecompare

From: Richard Cochran <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:27:21 +0100

* Changes in V2:
  - Correct the wrong direction of the shift when converting time
    stamps to nanoseconds
  - Add John Stultz's ack on patch 4

This patch series takes care of a legacy issue in the time keeping
core by moving blackfin over to PHC model and removing the dubious
timecompare code.

The blackfin is quite similar to the other MAC based PTP hardware
clocks, and so the implementation is straightforward.

The first patch is a bug fix that should be merged in any
case. Pacthes two and three convert the bfin_mac to offer a PHC
device. The last patch removes the timecompare code.

Thanks,
Richard

Richard Cochran (4):
  bfin_mac: only advertise hardware time stamped when enabled.
  bfin_mac: replace sys time stamps with raw ones instead.
  bfin_mac: offer a PTP Hardware Clock.
  time: remove the timecompare code.

 drivers/net/ethernet/adi/Kconfig    |    2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/adi/bfin_mac.c |  259 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 drivers/net/ethernet/adi/bfin_mac.h |   13 +-
 include/linux/timecompare.h         |  125 -----------------
 kernel/time/Makefile                |    2 +-
 kernel/time/timecompare.c           |  193 --------------------------
 6 files changed, 205 insertions(+), 389 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 include/linux/timecompare.h
 delete mode 100644 kernel/time/timecompare.c

-- 
1.7.2.5