Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/3] IPsec improvements

From: Mathias Krause <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 14:54:08 +0100

This series moves pskb_put() to the core code -- making the code
duplication in caif obsolete (patches 1 and 2).

Additionally does this series optimize the IPsec receive path in patch 3
by allowing skb_cow_data() to leave the buffer fragmented. I noticed the
linearization to be a bottleneck when doing some VPN gateway benchmarks.
Linearization of the buffer isn't needed in the receive path as the
crypto API (and all other users of skb_cow_data) can handle sg.

With patch 3 applied I was able to increase the throughput of an IPsec
gateway from 7.12 Gbit/s to 7.28 Gbit/s.

Please apply!

Mathias Krause (3):
  net: move pskb_put() to core code
  caif: use pskb_put() instead of reimplementing its functionality
  net: allow to leave the buffer fragmented in skb_cow_data()

 include/linux/skbuff.h  |    1 +
 include/net/esp.h       |    2 -
 net/caif/cfpkt_skbuff.c |   12 +----------
 net/core/skbuff.c       |   52 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 net/xfrm/xfrm_algo.c    |   13 -----------
 5 files changed, 43 insertions(+), 37 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.2.5