Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/8 v6] Open vSwitch upcall optimiziations

From: Thomas Graf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 19:13:31 +0100

Reposting this before the merge window as it will go through Jesse's
tree.

Given jumbo frames, the capacity of the slow path is improved by 
a factor of 2.5x.

V6: - Added memory mapped netlink i/o support
    - Drop user_features if old user space not aware of user features
      reuses an existing datapath
V5: - Removed padding requirement in user space
    - Added OVS_DP_F_UNALIGNED flag let user space signal ability to
      receive unaligned Netlink messages, fall back to linear copy
      otherwise.
V4: - Daniel Borkmann pointed out that the style in skbuff.h has changed
      in net-next, adapted to no longer using extern in headers.
V3: - Removed unneeded alignment of nlmsg_len after padding
V2: - Added skb_zerocopy_headlen() to calculate headroom of destination
      buffer. This also takes care of the from->head_frag issue.
    - Attribute alignment for frag_list case
    - API documentation
    - performance data for CHECKSUM_PARTIAL tx case

Thomas Graf (8):
  genl: Add genlmsg_new_unicast() for unicast message allocation
  netlink: Avoid netlink mmap alloc if msg size exceeds frame size
  openvswitch: Enable memory mapped Netlink i/o
  net: Export skb_zerocopy() to zerocopy from one skb to another
  openvswitch: Allow user space to announce ability to accept unaligned
    Netlink messages
  openvswitch: Allow update of dp with OVS_DP_CMD_NEW if NLM_F_REPLACE
    is set
  openvswitch: Drop user features if old user space attempted to create
    datapath
  openvswitch: Use skb_zerocopy() for upcall

 include/linux/skbuff.h               |   3 +
 include/net/genetlink.h              |   4 +
 include/uapi/linux/openvswitch.h     |  15 ++-
 net/core/skbuff.c                    |  85 +++++++++++++++
 net/netfilter/nfnetlink_queue_core.c |  59 +----------
 net/netlink/af_netlink.c             |   4 +
 net/netlink/genetlink.c              |  21 ++++
 net/openvswitch/datapath.c           | 193 ++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 net/openvswitch/datapath.h           |   2 +
 9 files changed, 257 insertions(+), 129 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.3.1