Subject: [PATCH -next 0/3] seq_printf/puts/putc: Start to convert to return void

From: Joe Perches <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 21:12:41 -0800

Many uses of the return value of seq_printf/seq_puts/seq_putc are
incorrect.  Many assume that the return value is the number of
chars emitted into a buffer like printf/puts/putc.

It would be better to make the return value of these functions void
to avoid these misuses.

Start to do so.
Convert seq_overflow to a public function from a static function.

Remove the return uses of seq_printf/seq_puts/seq_putc from net.
Add a seq_overflow function call instead.

Joe Perches (3):
  seq: Add a seq_overflow test.
  batman-adv: Use seq_overflow
  netfilter: Use seq_overflow

 fs/seq_file.c                                      | 15 ++++----
 include/linux/seq_file.h                           |  2 +
 include/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_acct.h          |  3 +-
 net/batman-adv/gateway_client.c                    | 25 ++++++------
 net/ipv4/netfilter/nf_conntrack_l3proto_ipv4.c     |  6 ++-
 .../netfilter/nf_conntrack_l3proto_ipv4_compat.c   | 42 +++++++++++++--------
 net/ipv6/netfilter/nf_conntrack_l3proto_ipv6.c     |  6 ++-
 net/ipv6/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_icmpv6.c     | 10 +++--
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_acct.c                  | 11 +++---
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_expect.c                |  4 +-
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_dccp.c            | 12 ++++--
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_gre.c             | 15 +++++---
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_sctp.c            | 12 ++++--
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_tcp.c             | 11 ++++--
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_udp.c             |  7 ++--
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_udplite.c         |  7 ++--
 net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_standalone.c            | 44 +++++++++++++---------
 net/netfilter/nf_log.c                             | 26 ++++++-------
 net/netfilter/nfnetlink_log.c                      | 12 +++---
 net/netfilter/nfnetlink_queue_core.c               | 14 ++++---
 net/netfilter/x_tables.c                           |  8 ++--
 net/netfilter/xt_hashlimit.c                       | 34 +++++++++--------
 22 files changed, 191 insertions(+), 135 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.1.2.459.gbcd45b4.dirty