Subject: [PATCH 0/6 net-next v3] VXLAN Group Policy Extension

From: Thomas Graf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 13:26:16 +0100

Implements supports for the Group Policy VXLAN extension [0] to provide
a lightweight and simple security label mechanism across network peers
based on VXLAN. The security context and associated metadata is mapped
to/from skb->mark. This allows further mapping to a SELinux context
using SECMARK, to implement ACLs directly with nftables, iptables, OVS,
tc, etc.

The extension is disabled by default and should be run on a distinct
port in mixed Linux VXLAN VTEP environments. Liberal VXLAN VTEPs
which ignore unknown reserved bits will be able to receive VXLAN-GBP
frames.

Simple usage example:

10.1.1.1:
   # ip link add vxlan0 type vxlan id 10 remote 10.1.1.2 gbp
   # iptables -I OUTPUT -m owner --uid-owner 101 -j MARK --set-mark 0x200

10.1.1.2:
   # ip link add vxlan0 type vxlan id 10 remote 10.1.1.1 gbp
   # iptables -I INPUT -m mark --mark 0x200 -j DROP

iproute2 [1] and OVS [2] support will be provided in separate patches.

[0] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-smith-vxlan-group-policy
[1] https://github.com/tgraf/iproute2/tree/vxlan-gbp
[2] https://github.com/tgraf/ovs/tree/vxlan-gbp

Thomas Graf (6):
  vxlan: Allow for VXLAN extensions to be implemented
  vxlan: Group Policy extension
  vxlan: Only bind to sockets with correct extensions enabled
  openvswitch: Rename GENEVE_TUN_OPTS() to TUN_METADATA_OPTS()
  openvswitch: Allow for any level of nesting in flow attributes
  openvswitch: Support VXLAN Group Policy extension

 drivers/net/vxlan.c              | 225 ++++++++++++++++++++----------
 include/net/ip_tunnels.h         |   5 +-
 include/net/vxlan.h              |  98 +++++++++++++-
 include/uapi/linux/if_link.h     |   8 ++
 include/uapi/linux/openvswitch.h |  11 ++
 net/openvswitch/flow.c           |   2 +-
 net/openvswitch/flow.h           |  14 +-
 net/openvswitch/flow_netlink.c   | 286 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
 net/openvswitch/vport-geneve.c   |   2 +-
 net/openvswitch/vport-vxlan.c    |  90 +++++++++++-
 net/openvswitch/vport-vxlan.h    |  11 ++
 11 files changed, 569 insertions(+), 183 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 net/openvswitch/vport-vxlan.h

-- 
1.9.3